M2M Modem Plus RS485 IO
Cost-effective, C-rail mountable industrial modem for receiving digital signals and collecting pulse signals of residential meters.
The modem is capable of continuously counting the pulse signals of up to 4 meter systems.
The device transmits the calculated input signal values through Modbus TCP protocol to query server’s Modbus TCP.
The queries of the data sets are performed periodically (e.g. in every 15 minutes) depending on the server value set.
When it has to receive signals from more than 4 devices, we suggest using the M2M IO/RS485 CONCENTRATOR® – which has 32 input lines.
In this case the device requests the concentrator input counter status through the modem’s RS485 interface, and fowards the received Modbus RTU reply through Modbus TCP protocol to query the server’s Modbus TCP.
The modem can initiate queries – through its RS485 interface – towards several concentrator’s input lines.
Furthermore, the modem can switch external devices (optionally) with the help of its 2 relay outputs.
• Supporting GSM/GPRS (Gemalto® industrial module)
• 4 inputs (digital or pulse/voltage)
• 2 relay outputs (optional)
• Modbus protocol communication
• Modbus Gateway
• Consumption meter compatibility (receiving and counting pulse signals)
• Configuration software (on RS232 or RS485 port)
• Memory for storage of applications, data (with ftp possibility)
• External IO-expansion (optional – for receiving 32 inputs per module)
• Firmware upgrades (ftp server)
• External battery connection (spare power supply)
• Watchdog circuit and system monitoring, log
• Automatic mobile network connection recovery
Data collection (digital or pulse signal)
Forwarding data of industrial systems
Smart metering (remote readout)
Measurement and data collecting systems
Remote monitoring of devices
Monitoring of input lines
Remote control (optional)